Hi guys. Welcome to Wtravel. What are the things you need to know about Ouagadougou Burkina Faso. Do you need vaccine before going there? Is it safe to travel? Best time to go and how long to stay? Here is the best things to do in Ouagadougou.
• This is Bazoule Crocodile Park. You can feed the crocodiles, touch them or you can
• Grand Mosque, Ouagadougou Cathedral, Monument of National Heroes, Reserve de Nazinga and others. Please keep watching.
• Burkina Faso is located in West Africa and formerly known as Upper Volta.
It is one of the least developed countries in Africa and citizens are known as Burkinabé. French is the official language but it is not widely spoken. Moore is spoken by a great majority of the population.
Population is around 20 million
Currency CFA, franc
And their Flag is
• Ouagadougou is also known as Ouaga and its meaning “land of the honest people” It is the capital and largest city in Burkina Faso. With over 2 million population this city is famous with its musical tradition and beautiful handicraft. 2 or 3 days will be enough to visit this city.
National Museum of Music exhibits all the musical instruments of Burkina Faso. There are many musical events in the city during the year.
• Laongo Sculpture Symposium Features many beautiful granite sculptures made by African artists. It is located 40 km east of the city, about one hour far from Ouagadougou, recommended duration is around 1hour.
very quiet,and interesting place in the nature, not very well maintained but still very interesting to see.
• Reserve de Nazinga set up in the 1970s by two Canadian brothers.
It covers about 100.000 hectares and shelters over 20,000 animals, including elephants , monkeys, antelopes, warthogs, crocodiles, and more then 300 species of birds. Top attraction is safari ride and seeing the elephants.
• The National Museum is one of the most popular cultural facility in Ouagadougou. You can see kinds of masks, traditional costumes of local people and hand-made items in this museum. The city also famous with gorgeous handmade items.
• Monument of National Heroes is definitely a must see for its architecture and beauty.
• The Grand Mosque is surrounded by the market. Nice to visit both.
• Ouagadougou Cathedral is one of the biggest cathedrals in Burkina Faso and West Africa. It built in the 1930s by the French. It’s walls were built with mud brick.
• When to go Ouagadougou?
The climate of Burkina Faso is generally sunny,hot and dry. Daytime temperatures are hot all the year.Hot season from February to June(about 40°C in the shade) better to refrain from visiting the country during these months.
Rainy season from June to September.
• What to know
Reconsider travelling to north of Burkina Faso due to terrorism. Some areas have increased risk in 2018.
Do I Need Vaccine for Burkina Faso?
Yes, some vaccines are recommended or required for Burkina Faso.
Read the World Health Organization
WHO recommends and Ask your doctor what vaccines and medicines you need. Yellow Fever , Hepatitis A, Malaria, Typhoid
Yellow Fever is a risk in Burkina Faso so make sure to stay up-to-date on vaccinations. Recommended for all travelers.
Eat and drink safely
Motorcycles are the most used transportation vehicles. Dusty concrete and red roads are crowded with thousands of motorcycles and street peddlers.
Ouagadougou doesn’t have many attractions for tourists so travelling Burkina Faso might not suit for the first time travellers but it can be nice for adventurers who want to discover the hidden gems of west of Africa and different African cultures.
Adventures by A Himitsu https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgFwu-j5-xNJml2FtTrrB3A Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ Music released by Argofox https://youtu.be/8BXNwnxaVQE Music provided by Audio Library https://youtu.be/MkNeIUgNPQ8
Music by BENSOUND http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-… Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b… Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/64cvDqZPkos
JPB – High [NCS Release] https://youtu.be/Tv6WImqSuxA https://soundcloud.com/jpb https://www.facebook.com/jayprodbeatz https://twitter.com/gtaanis Music provided by NoCopyrightSounds Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/R8ZRCXy5vhA
OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO is one of the best place to visit in Africa while your Africa adventure travel.
One of the top things to do in OUGADOUGU, BURKINA FASO is visiting the crocodile park.
If you wonder what to see in OUAGA DOUGOU , what to do in Africa you should watch my BURKINA FASO travel video.
I’m Oktay. Thanks for watching OUGADOGU, BURKINA FASO(Africa Travel Guide, Wtravel) travel video. See you in the next Wtravel video.
CROCODILE FEEDING in AFRICA(Burkina Travel) : https://youtu.be/qjko39uerGM
Subscribe(Wtravel) : bit.ly/Wtravel-subscribe
OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO(Africa Travel Guide, Wtravel)